Most of us go about our daily lives without giving much thought to where our trash goes once we throw it away. Instead, we’re happy to have it out of our sight and minds. But the truth is garbage and waste are big problems that have far-reaching consequences. So here are ten shocking facts about trash removal las vegas that may make you think twice about what you throw away.
Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Trash
1. The average American produces 4.4 pounds of trash each day. That adds up to a whopping 1,606 pounds of garbage per year!
2. Only about one-third of the waste we generate gets recycled.
3. The rest ends up in landfills, where it can take centuries to decompose.
4. Every hour, Americans use 2.5 million plastic bottles!
5. Recycling just one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for 3 hours.
6. A single family generates about 380 pounds of paper products each year.
7. It takes 24 trees to make one ton of paper products.
8. It takes five times more water to make a paper cup than to fill it with water.
9. We throw away enough glass bottles and jars every year to fill up a giant skyscraper!
10. Throwing away an aluminum can wastes as much energy as if that can be half full of gasoline.
Now that you know some shocking facts about trash, what can you do to help reduce the amount of waste you produce? Start by recycling more and using reusable items whenever possible. You can also compost food scraps and yard waste instead of throwing them in the garbage. And next time you’re about to toss something in the trash, ask yourself if there’s a better way to dispose of it. By making small changes in our daily habits, we can all help reduce the amount of trash we generate and positively impact the environment.